Apply to PIF
Thanks for your interest in becoming a Presidential Innovation Fellow (PIF)! Applications are currently closed, but we recruit annually and will be opening applications for the 2024 cohort in early 2023.
Our interview process: What to expect!
For candidates selected to interview, here’s our process:
- Accessibility: If you are selected to interview, a member of our Talent Team will be in touch to ensure any accessibility considerations are covered. We typically conduct interviews as video calls, however, we realize that this option may not accommodate everyone’s needs. Throughout the hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have a preferred method of communication and we will work with you to create a positive experience. If you require accommodations, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24-48 hours in advance of your scheduled interview.
- PIF interviews begin with skills (your self-identified area of expertise), and candidates may progress to core competencies (behavioral questions, leadership, and/or navigating ambiguity) and core values (including diversity, equity, and inclusion). The PIF team will provide questions in advance of each interview to allow candidates time to prepare.
- Agency interviews are with PIF’s federal agency partner(s). This is a conversation with the agency’s PIF project champion. The PIF team will share finalist resumes with agencies who then identify candidates that they would like to interview.
- Format: All interviews occur virtually and are typically scheduled for 1-2 hours in length. We offer live captioning and other accessibility assistance to all candidates.
- Offer Process: Once the agency interviews are complete, the PIF team will meet with each agency to discuss their selections. This gives us our list of finalists to whom we make offers! We operate within the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), and the GSA HR team will then make tentative offers to selected candidates. The PIF team will also set up calls with each incoming PIF to welcome them into our program and community, and answer any questions!
- Onboarding: PIF augments GSA onboarding with a week of PIF-specific programming, followed by each PIF onboarding at their respective agencies.
My life changed when I became a PIF. I became a part of the world's best organization for change, and it's been my most treasured experience.